Our granting mission is to promote change in the life situations of young people to help them grow into healthy, responsible adults.
The Foundation’s priority interests are
- Children and young adults
- Children and young adults with mental illness or physical disabilities
The Foundation focuses on programs that
- Strengthen families
- Promote recognition of equality and respect for diversity
- Promote recognition of the innate value of self and others
- Promote respect for one’s own values and those of others
- Enhance capacity for individuals to recognize their own capabilities
- Enhance capacity for self-sufficient living
The June & Julian Foss Foundation believes that the active inclusion of diverse perspectives. The Foundation does not discriminate, nor will it support organizations that discriminate on any basis including age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, national origin, political affiliation, or religious belief.
Grant applications are accepted from organizations located in the Puget Sound Area; the Portland, Oregon Area; the San Francisco Bay Area; and the Miami Area.
Size of Grants
Grants made by the Foundation are generally no more than $5,000. Requests may not exceed $7,500.
Grant Cycle Dates
Please see our how-to-apply page for information on the dates during which we accept grant applications.
Types of Requests Not Eligible for Funding
Requests for the following are not considered:
- New construction or endowments
- Fundraising or recognition events
- Capital campaigns
- National organizations or local affiliates of national organizations (except programs developed at the local level that are specific to local needs)
- Individual scholarships or requests from individuals