Our granting mission is to promote change in the life situations of young people to help them grow into healthy, responsible adults.
The Foundation’s priority interests are
- Children and young adults
- Children and young adults with mental illness or physical disabilities
The Foundation focuses on programs that
- Strengthen families
- Promote recognition of equality and respect for diversity
- Promote recognition of the innate value of self and others
- Promote respect for one’s own values and those of others
- Enhance capacity for individuals to recognize their own capabilities
- Enhance capacity for self-sufficient living
The June & Julian Foss Foundation believes in the active inclusion of diverse perspectives. The Foundation does not discriminate, nor will it support organizations that discriminate on any basis including age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, national origin, political affiliation, or religious belief.
Grant applications are accepted from organizations located in the Puget Sound area in Washington; the Portland, Oregon area; the San Francisco Bay Area in California; and the Miami area in Florida.
Size of Grants
Grants made by the Foundation generally do not exceed $5,000.
Grant Cycle Dates
Applications are received between April 1 and May 31 each year. Please see our How to Apply page for further information on important dates in our grant cycle.
Types of Requests Not Eligible for Funding
Requests for the following are not considered:
- New construction or endowments
- Fundraising or recognition events
- Capital campaigns
- National organizations or local affiliates of national organizations (unless the program is specific to local needs and was developed at the local level)
- Individual scholarships or requests from individuals